With the end of winter comes one of our favorite times of year here at Haggville de Frio. That’s right; we are just a little bit away from grilling season! As the weather gets warmer, more and more people will begin grilling at the parks and campgrounds surrounding the Frio River. Grilling can be an enjoyable social experience that allows family and friends to spend time together as each new item comes off the grill. There are always the staple hamburgers and hot dogs but what if you want to do something a little more specialized? Check out some of our favorite grill recipes below.
Appetizers and Side Dishes
Try one of our appetizer and side dish grill recipes to get your party started or to serve with your main course. Consider modifying the spices or ingredients to give each one your own twist or enjoy them “as is” for a tried and true flavor.
- Crack Corn – a special take on grilled corn on the cob.
- Chicken and Pepper Nachos – can’t beat nachos over an open fire.
- Grilled Corn and Bean Salad – fire roasted corn and beans perfectly compliment each other.
- Grilled Garlic Parmesan Zucchini – a little taste of Italy.
- Grilled Potatoes and Onion – a classic combination that you can season as desired.
It’s a good idea to have a few main course grill recipes on hand to make sure everyone gets to eat their fill. Try to distribute the coals so you can have different main dishes cooking at the same time even if they require different heat levels (more coals for a hotter spot, fewer for a cooler area)
- Buffalo Chicken Burger with Blue Cheese Ranch – a twist on a traditional burger.
- Grilled Marinated London Broil – a little something special for your cookout.
- Grilled Shrimp and Bacon with Lemon – everything in this recipe is grilled.
- Grilled Scallops Wrapped in Prosciutto – prosciutto provides a unique flavor to these scallops.
- Steak Taco on a Stick – everything you love about tacos with less mess.
Who says you can’t make the dessert over the open flames of a grill? Try some of our dessert grill recipes to put a sweet cap on the night.